Science comes to London’s East End Film Festival
This year 1185 Films worked hand in hand with the East End Film festival to soft launch in April “Standing on the shoulders of Giants” a new Science” documentary category for 2019. As part of the event, we premiered our film “Before the Big Bang” Episode 5, a documentary featuring Stephen Hawking detailing his ‘No Boundary Proposal’. The soft launch also hosted a discussion about the importance of science documentaries on the big screen with a prestigious panel of eminent scientists, journalists, educators and filmmakers.
- Avril McRory Silverapples Media Ltd – Executive Producer/ Producer
- Hannah Joshua New Scientist – Subeditor
- Steve Crabtree BBC Horizon – Series Editor/ Executive producer
- Cassie Williams The Royal Institution – Digital Manager
- Prof. Julian Bayliss – Ecologist and ExploreProf.
- Jonathan Butterworth UCL/ CERN – Head of Physics at UCL and Author
- Dan Moller The Mill – CG Lead
- Nick Franco 1185 Films Executive Producer – Director
We would like to thank the panel for kindly giving up their time to discuss the importance of this subject.The discussion chaired by Avril MacRory was a great success and below is a taste of the proceedings with nine films in bite size chunks from the Q&A and featured panellists.